Sunday, April 17, 2011

My New Fave Obsession

I present to you... the co-op!!!

I've been reading about this for a few weeks and finally took the plunge this past week.

I paid $36 ($1.50 convenience charge and $3 for a newbie basket charge) for all of this!! It included $15 for the laundry basket, $10.50 for the box of tropical fruit and $6 for foccacia bread (2 layers of bread).

Here's a closer look:

The first picture included: 2 quarts of strawberries, mangos, oranges, apples, honeydew melon, 2 onions, bag of carrots, 2 stalks of celery, 2 bags of radishes, and pickling cucumbers. The second picture included limes, lemons, pineapple, coconut, mangos, star fruit, mint (in the bag) and 2 vanilla beans.

I see some chicken noodle soup (already cooked), fruit salad, snacks at work and home and some mojitos (with the lime and mint). :-)

This is an awesome deal for all this fruit, veggies and all in one stop!!! I love that it's local, a great way to meet like minded people and a wonderful way to encourage healthy eating. This is great since we don't have much yard space.... this is the perfect solution for us!!

I am totally hooked now!! Jackpot!!!! Enter my new obsession.....

I think this may be a good reason to justify the new FoodSaver I want.... :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Was sent over to your blog by the lovely Courtney. Where is a Co-Op in Dallas? I have wanted to join one for a long time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the follow, Kimi. Here's the link to the co-op I've joined. I have joined the Lewisville one, but they also have a few more in the area (McKinney and Frisco).

    http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/

    ReplyDelete